Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's good to be back...

It's true - it happened! I am now almost 12 weeks and getting closer to the end of the first trimester.

It's been a roller coaster ride, I tell you. Since I found out in week 5, I've had the most unimaginable nausea. I've been so tired, I couldn't really tell you what has been going on at work. I've gained weight (8 pounds so far) due to yes, normal pregnancy stuff like blood and water, but also because eating is the only way not feel sick for 5 minutes . Last week I started losing hair. I have shooting pains in my hips that wake me up in the middle of the night in nightmares. And then my favorite, a couple of weeks ago I had a complete Gollum-like transformation on my face. I woke up and had 6(!) HUGE insider pimples - all on the left hand side of my face.

But you know what? I am the happiest I've ever been I think. I love Baby Lion with every little molecule in my body. My husband and I have moved on from being a couple trying to expectant parents. I look at him and see my baby daddy. It is the BEST feeling in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I am BEYOND happy for you!! My friend had a rough first trimester as well, but it is all worth it when you think of the amazing pay-off you will have! I am loving your updates, and I glad the exercise ball is helping too! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete