Sunday, May 3, 2009
Eat, Drink and be Pregnant!
I am not a finicky eater, I eat and drink most things offered to me. My mom told me she never had any problems with my dietary habits as a kid. I am just not very fussy with food.
That will be the premise of this 12 week mark, as things now are very different. I am making 2 lists: 1) Foods I used to love but now can't think about 2) Foods I now eat, that I very rarely ate before
1. Fried Foods - I loved eating on occasion but now I have to leave the room of the smell
2. Meat - almost all meats have an aftertaste of liver
3. Bread - only ok if someone else makes the sandwich
4. Pasta- ate for 2 days during the first weeks of pregnancy and then it made me think of the garbage can
5. Tuna - also makes me think of garbage that has been mixed in a smoothie maker
6. Boiled or stirfried vegetables - has the consistency of jelly soap but with no taste
7. Rice - only ok in baked sushi and at room temperature
8. Coffee - smells and taste gross and makes me think of a dry, soar throat
9. Cheese - smells like sweat
1. Milk - gallons a day. It has to be 2% organic
2. Citrus - whole lemons, no kidding
3. Indian food- just so I can mix the cucumber youghurt with the lentils
4. Youghurt of any kind
5. Pretzels, popcorn and ricecake chips
6. Frozen Youghurt - my new vice, I eat it every day. Stawberry and tart with gummy bears...mm
I will update the list at the end of the second trimester.
Posted by Maggie Westrum at 12:35 PM